Saturday, March 6, 2010

What I heard and liked

Tom Hansen to Summer at Angelo's Plaza (500 Days Of Summer)



Tom : You know what sucks? Realizing that everything that you believe in is a complete and utter bullshit. Sucks!

Summer : What do you mean?

Tom : Aah, you know, destiny and soulmates. True love and all that childhood fairytale. Nonsense. You were right, I should have listened to you.

Summer : *laughs*

Tom : Yeah, what are you smiling at?

Summer : Tom.. *smiles*

Tom : What, why are you looking at me like that for?

Summer : Well, you know, I guess it's 'cause I was sitting in a deli and reading Dorian Gray and a guy comes up to me and asks me about it and... now he's my husband.

Tom : Yeah. And... so?

Summer : So, what if I'd gone to the movies? What if I had gone somewhere else for lunch? What if I'd gotten there 10 minutes later? It was - it was meant to be. And... I just kept thinking... Tom was right.

Tom : No.

Summer : Yeah, I did. *laughs*I did. It just wasn't me that you were right about.




Towards the end of the movie, as Tom Hansen was talking to Autumn, and both of them are interviewing for the same job. He realized that Autumn has seen him before, but he never noticed her.

And the narrator says "If Tom had learned anything... it was that you can't ascribe great cosmic significance to a simple earthly event. Coincidence. That's all anything ever is. Nothing more than coincidence."




Note : That's the thing. A break up is a break up. You don't have to ask how I'm doing, whether I'm busy or not. It's not part of the deal. You don't have to act as if you care. Because you don't. If you did, it wouldn't be this way.

2 comments:

Matematis Muda said...

cerita ni aku tengok berbelas kali..siap salin skrip lagi hahahaha

EFF said...

nabil : huh. sama lah kite. :)